Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Clustered Stars of Flag Day


This is a postcard from my "Cyber Postcard Collection." I adore the graceful composition of this lovely piece.

I was born on Flag Day. For years and years I believed flags were flown on Flag Day in celebration of my birth. (grin) As a child I was disappointed when I learned the truth. But as adult, I don't mind so much, that really--flags are flown on this day to honor our country's Flag.

Our Flag has stood for liberty and the pursuit of happiness for over 200 years! Compared to many countries America is quite youthful. I hope and pray our flag will stand and fly for hundreds of years to come. I pray that the courage, bravery, faith, truth and sacrifice this country was built upon will not falter.

6 comments:

Clytie said...

Amen sister!

Margo said...

that's so sweet! it reminds me of how my younger daughter when she was learning to talk used to point at every banner plane (we live at the beach) and say, "that spells Meg". Happy birthday!

Maggie May said...

hi :) i love love vintage cards .. what a cool hobby.

Marie Reed said...

This made me grin! I did the same thing with Christmas trees (I was born on December 25th)!

Lois said...

That is so pretty Beth. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

BeNotForgot said...

Amen. L-U-V that image. And . . . a belated Happy Birthday to you! I was out of town that weekend, so I'm just now catching back up on reading. Hope you enjoyed the day!