Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Memories

When my darling SissyDea posted this painter's work, I had to keep a copy. I have been working at my parents home for the past month or more. I see vivid ghosts of childhood memories all around me.

It is interesting when one's mind superimposes the past upon the present. This artist (along with my sisters--you know who you are) inspire me to go further. To pursue the dream. To reach for the unattainable. How gracious God has been to give to me these precious sisters.

This picture makes me feel like weeping...so much of life has been lived.  So much yet to live.

4 comments:

Clytie said...

In pursuing your dream and sharing it with us, you in turn inspire those around you to also pursue the dream.

You GO Girl!!!

Lois said...

What a lovely and tranquil scene!

Deann said...

I love this picture, isn't it just the way it is, how we see the past in our hearts when we stand on familiar ground. All the good times all the dear one long gone.
What I'm missing is a place (besides the graveyard)to go and and feel this. I think we all need somewhere to return to.
It is so fine to have sisters who understand and care. Love ya

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

I love the composition and warmth of this scene;the longer I gaze at it the more I want to step right into it!
Evelyn in Montreal