Friday, September 18, 2015

Daisies In Her Arms -Postcard Friendship Friday #280


I apologize for posting late.  So much is happening in my life right now.  I am just totally distracted.  I'll have this coming Friday's post all ready to go so it will happen whether or not I'm here or there!  Thank you for your patience.

I am re-posting another charming postcard of the enchanting little girl who has so caught my imagination--This postcard is number two in a series of six which were produced in the early 1900's by Tuck & Sons. The series was called "Sweetie."

Here the small girl glances longingly toward the artistic bundle of grasses and daisies in her arms. I am sure she was wishing she could run outside and play--perhaps in sunlit fields filled with those happy-go-lucky daisies.

These postcards are a part of my "cyber" postcard collection and were sent by Pearl, who's amazing postcard collection is ever an inspiration to me.

Have a lovely weekend and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them. 

*  REMINDER:  and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.







14 comments:

MrCachet said...

Great image! Tuck cards are high;y sought after here in US.

Christine H. said...

I love Tuck cards too, and this one is especially nice. The stamp and cancellation are also superb.

Lois said...

This little girl gets prettier every time I see her! I love her necklace.

~JarieLyn~ said...

The little girl has such a beautiful face. I like that you showed the postmark and the personal note. Those are my favorite parts of the postcard.

Snap said...

She's a real beauty, isn't she?!!! Lovely card and I love the back of the card also. Thanks!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

She is so simply perfect! But yes, I'm sure you're right that she would be dreaming of playing outside. :)

steviewren said...

I have a cyber collection of vintage images myself! There are so many great things out there and it is so easy to hit the save as button. Happy PFF.

maryt/theteach said...

Beth, just a lovely postcard! Very nice posting ! I have a PFF posting up too! :)

Aimee said...

How do you find so many cards with this little girl? Its just beautiful!

Marie Reed said...

I WANT a daisy crown just like hers now!

Postcardy said...

Sweetie is a good name for her--she looks especially sweet with the daisies.

LiT Web Studio said...

a lovely card...makes me think of julia margaret cameron's photography...

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is lovely, Beth.

Paul van Yperen said...

Very sweet postcard. Take care, Beth, we're patient.