Friday, September 8, 2017

September Birthdays -Postcard Friendship Friday #373



Though sadness sometimes envelopes my heart, I still love the month of September.  It is a kind of prelude to Fall--and time of harvest.  The birds are busy and the season is changing.

September's stone is the Sapphire.  In ancient times, it was known as the wisdom stone, good for the mind--relieving mention tension, and depression.  It was said to restore balance within the body, and peace of mind.  The ancients also used the Sapphire to treat blood disorders, bleeding and the strengthening of one's heart.  The poem on this postcard reflects those beliefs.

A maiden born when Autumn leaves
Are rustling in September's breeze.
A Sapphire on her brow should bind--
'Twill cure diseases of the mind.

I love Sapphires of all colors, including the Ruby. It is said various colors of this stone treat various things--but I will not go into that here! 

Have a lovely weekend dear friends--and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

COMMENDATION:  I wanted to put in an extra note here about Linkytools and its creator Brent.  I have had Linkytools on my blog before it was known as Linkytools!  Brent has always answered every single email I've sent personally and professionally.  He does this even now that Linkytools is one of the most popular of its kind in the world.  I've never seen anything like the personal touch he brings to his business.  I highly recommend Linkytools to every blogger.  :D

 LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

  * BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.






2 comments:

Irene said...

Lovely card. September is a difficult month for me too, I don't care for cold winter's onset, and the end of my garden delights, but seasons do change.

Irene said...

keep well my friend.