Friday, April 20, 2018

A Mother's Joy -Postcard Friendship Friday #404



My children are continually a joy to me.  They are grown--and I am incredibly proud of them.  I am SO grateful for the memories I have of our kids when they were little.  Though I remember some of those days were difficult, I miss the time when they were small.

There is nothing to compare with a Mother's love for her children.  I remember what my own sweet Mumsie told me long ago.  She said when she first looked into my face, there was a love born in her heart which was greater and more different than any she'd ever experienced before...and that love was for me.

She had six of us, yet each of us knew we were first in her heart.  There were never any favorites.  She loved us dearly and differently.  Each of us experienced our Mother's love in a way which was all encompassing and all our own.  How blessed I am to have such a wonderful Mom.

I have many friends who do not have that kind of love from their Mothers and others who's Moms are in heaven...Mumsie has taken each of these dear ones to her heart.  They have become my dear sisters...what a blessing!

May God cover your heart with warmth and sunshine, dear Friends.  Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

  * BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

REMINDER:  If you post anything other than a postcard to share, your link will be removed.   Postcard Friendship Friday is specifically dedicated to postcards, both modern and vintage.  






1 comment:

Paul van Yperen said...

Hello Beth,

Thanks for this endearing post. I visited my mother, yesterday. She now lives in a nice apartment in an elderly home with my dad. They are both very old now (she's 88 and he's 91) and both suffer from Alzheimer's Disease.

But what a happy couple! My father is always making jokes and both are warm and kind to everybody who visits them, and to each other. Of course they also need a lot of care and assistance of my sister and me and sometimes our parent seem to have turned into our children.

But when there's love, you can do it effortlessly.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Paul